WG housing is meeting in Ghent, on 20-21 November to discuss about ‘Renovation
and renewal of neighbourhoods: Housing policy towards homeowners and the
problems of relocation and gentrification’.
The meeting will focus on policy approaches to quality of housing, especially on enforcing the standards and on the quality control through ‘proof of conformity’ and ‘Flemish Code of Housing’. Ghent will present also the ‘Housing Task Force’ which was established in 2017 to address the local housing crisis. During the meeting participants will have the chance to visit three renewal projects.
Cities are invited to present their practices!
To facilitate the exchange of perspective, we are welcoming cities to present their practice on housing quality. Cities that would like to showcase their initiatives are invited to complete the template presentation attached below and express their interest in the registration form.
We are welcoming all participants to attend the common evening with the working group urban ageing, on 19 November!
The working group urban ageing is meeting in Ghent to discuss about housing conditions for elderly. In order to facilitate an informal exchange between the two working groups, Ghent is organising a common networking evening through a cultural tour of the city and a joint dinner. We are welcoming all the members of WG housing which arrive on 19 November to attend the event.
Arrival of participants - Tuesday, 19 November
- Joint evening with WG urban ageing: Cultural tour of Ghent and network dinner
Day 1 - Wednesday, 20 November
- Opening remarks by Tine Heyse, deputy mayor of Housing, city of Ghent
- Housing quality in Flanders and Ghent – facts and approaches
- Setting the context for city’s strategic approach on the topic of housing quality
- Cites’ presentation on renovation and renewal of neighbourhoods / housing policy towards homeowners and the problems of relocation and gentrification
- Site visit to city’s renewal project
Day 2 - Thursday, 21 November
- Update on the open letter on holiday rental
- Presentation of the CoR opinion on European framework for regulatory responses to the collaborative economy
- Presentation of the 'inclusivecities4all'-campaign under the European Pillar of Social Rights and EUROCITIES statement on Social Europe
- Business meeting of the WG housing
You can find the draft agenda and concept note with the presentation of the practices below. For the details on how to arrive in Ghent and for the accommodation, please check the recommendation made by the host in the practical information.